Have you noticed the incredible outbreak of roof stains in your neighborhood, your town, and even the entire Cape?
Roof stains, and the damage to homes they bring with them, are infesting Cape Cod in epidemic proportions. Until recently, most of us thought all this ugliness was just an eyesore, and while not fun to look at, wasn’t actually shortening the lifespan of our roofs -or raising our energy bills. This, however, is simply not the case.
In fact, up to 80% of the homes and businesses today with shingled roofs will develop problems caused by algae, fungus, moss, etc.
The reason for this is mainly that the composition of the most common shingles themselves has changed dramatically over the years. Materials now used to make asphalt shingles are the favorite food of algae, moss, mold and fungi. Cheap fillers like limestone, wood chips, and cardboard are being substituted for the high grade materials that should be used in many shingles today. Shingle manufacturers saved a buck — at our expense.
So. . . what can you do about it?
– Some Contractors will tell you that power-washing your roof with a chlorine based solution will do the trick, but in reality, this will do more harm then good.
– Some Roofers will tell you that you need a new roof, and it can’t be washed, but this is not true, either.
– So, what can you really do to save your roof from being eaten away by moss and algae, and eventually needing to be replaced much earlier than it should? The real solution lies in a quick, safe and eco-friendly low pressure shingle cleaning by the professionals at CleanMyRoofLLC.com.
Our Specialties Include:
- Roof Inspections
- LOW-PRESSURE, Eco-Friendly Roof Cleaning
- Red Cedar Shingles
- Complete House Cleaning including:
- All Types of Sidewall – Shingles, Clapboard, Vinyl
- Exterior Chimney Cleaning and Sealing
OUR LOW-PRESSURE SYSTEM IS SO GENTLE
IT WOULDN’T EVEN HURT YOUR HANDS!! >>>>
What can CleanMyRoofLLC.com do for me?
- Our expert inspectors will assess your roof and give you a quick estimate and time-frame for our services to be performed.
- We use cutting-edge technology and provide you with a comprehensive report after every inspection.
- We always focus on providing you with the most cost effective solution.
- We will never try to sell you more service than you need.
- We are honest and reliable.
- Our preventative maintenance programs protect your investment and give you peace of mind.
- Our regular inspection program will find potential problems and solve them before they cause significant damage.
We save you money! We are the experts at roof restoral.
Chimneys are porous and absorb water, daily and during rain and snow storms. In cold weather, water that the chimney has absorbed will freeze, expand, and cause damage. Small and large pieces of brick, mortar, and cement may break off damaging the chimney. The best preventative maintenance is to seal the exterior of your chimney against moisture infiltration. We use a breathable sealant that allows the chimney to breathe while protecting the exterior from the inclement weather and elements.
Before sealing the chimney, we gently clean the chimney to remove all mold, mildew, lichen, dirt, rust, and creosote. This allows proper absorption of the sealant. We then apply two coats of sealant to the chimney.